is this all to diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
the last couple of weeks i have really found it difficult to fall asleep last night i ended up coming into the living room and lying on the sofa i saw 4 o clock must of dozed for a bit and was back up at 7 o clock i feel so sleepy but cant sleep anybody else have this problem this is what meds i take
lantus
humanlog
creon
co-codamol
thanks all twinnie aka vickiexxx

Hi Vickie is they anything on your mind at the moment thats stressing you out?sometimes if we have alot on our mind it keeps our brain ticking over .I know old holborn is having alot of bother with sleeping at the moment he might have a few suggestions for you hun, sorry i cant be of more help.

thanks steff the only thing i am stressed out about {apart from diabetes} is we are hopeing to move to a new house soon we will find out in the next couple of weeks as we stay in a flat :(

thanks steff the only thing i am stressed out about {apart from diabetes} is we are hopeing to move to a new house soon we will find out in the next couple of weeks as we stay in a flat :(

So you dont usually have problems getting to sleep its just recently?

So you dont usually have problems getting to sleep its just recently?

yeah the last couple of weeks but i only found out about the house last week
the only difference is the pain meds

yeah the last couple of weeks but i only found out about the house last week
the only difference is the pain meds

Maybe worth a mention to your doctor then, can you ring up and ask to speak to him briefly?.

Maybe worth a mention to your doctor then, can you ring up and ask to speak to him briefly?.

yeah my gp really good and i am phoning the dsn on monday i will mention it to her as well thanks steff

yeah my gp really good and i am phoning the dsn on monday i will mention it to her as well thanks steff

No probs let us know what they say,sometimes going onto new meds can effect us and they might just need a bit of a tweeking.

the last couple of weeks i have really found it difficult to fall asleep last night i ended up coming into the living room and lying on the sofa i saw 4 o clock must of dozed for a bit and was back up at 7 o clock i feel so sleepy but cant sleep anybody else have this problem this is what meds i take
lantus
humanlog
creon
co-codamol
thanks all twinnie aka vickiexxx

Hi Vickie,

As Steff has already mentioned I to have had a lot of trouble sleeping. Last night was the second night since the 7th Feb I managed to get a full undisturbed sleep, 12 hours in fact. I'm on a load of pills but none matching yours.

I've tried the sleeping tablet route. Less said about that the better.
The darkend room with the sound of singing Whales. Nodded off for about 2 hours, then wide awake.
Warm bedroom with two duvet's. Again about 2 hours
Cold bedroom with two duvet's. Same as above.
O/h reading to me. Bad mistake, got so in to it it left me thinking about it.

Yesterday my o/h decided to go all out on getting me to sleep, no doubt due to me getting ratty. She went on a shopping trip and came back with an eye mask,ear plugs, scented candles, lavender bag and spray, luminious stars and a CD by Vangelis, Themes.

She stuck the stars to the ceiling. Changed the bedding. Just before I went to bed she put the Lavender bag under the pillow and sprayed it. Lit the candles. Put the eye mask and ear plugs on the beside cabinet and closed the curtains. I climbed in to bed, with one duvet under and one over me, she put on the CD at a very low volume. Turned the lights out and I laid there looking at the glowing stars listening to the theme from Mutiny on the Bounty. Next thing I knew it was 10am this morning.
Nothing to eat or drink after 7:30. Eye mask and ear plugs unused.

Hi Vickie,

As Steff has already mentioned I to have had a lot of trouble sleeping. Last night was the second night since the 7th Feb I managed to get a full undisturbed sleep, 12 hours in fact. I'm on a load of pills but none matching yours.

I've tried the sleeping tablet route. Less said about that the better.
The darkend room with the sound of singing Whales. Nodded off for about 2 hours, then wide awake.
Warm bedroom with two duvet's. Again about 2 hours
Cold bedroom with two duvet's. Same as above.
O/h reading to me. Bad mistake, got so in to it it left me thinking about it.

Yesterday my o/h decided to go all out on getting me to sleep, no doubt due to me getting ratty. She went on a shopping trip and came back with an eye mask,ear plugs, scented candles, lavender bag and spray, luminious stars and a CD by Vangelis, Themes.

She stuck the stars to the ceiling. Changed the bedding. Just before I went to bed she put the Lavender bag under the pillow and sprayed it. Lit the candles. Put the eye mask and ear plugs on the beside cabinet and closed the curtains. I climbed in to bed, with one duvet under and one over me, she put on the CD at a very low volume. Turned the lights out and I laid there looking at the glowing stars listening to the theme from Mutiny on the Bounty. Next thing I knew it was 10am this morning.
Nothing to eat or drink after 7:30. Eye mask and ear plugs unused.

wow what a great other half you have there, she certainly covered all bases.

thanks mum gave me this avon sleep spray its got lavendar in it you spray it on the pillow so i will give that a try tonight anything worth a try 🙂

well i got about 5 hours last night but phoning gp and dsn today

If all else fails and you like the taste, camomile is also very relaxing, although I do like the sound of all the things Oldholborns wife did too.

Is the co-codamol just a new thing or has it replaced another pain med? Just wondering because some pain meds make you drowsy.

the co codamol is a new thing i suffer from pain due to scar tissue and as i have losed weight my stomach wall has change causing pain phoned the gp he thinks it because i am stressed and i am to see him next week if it conutines hope not i am a girl that likes her sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back