Is this a bad blood sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabellew6

Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

I have recently been unwell with things such as bad vision, peeing a lot, hypertension and constant fatigue . In and out of A&E. I’m not a diabetic but I have lots of symptoms so I got a blood sugar monitor ( my cousin is a t1d and recommended this) and I’m not sure if the readings indicate possible diabetes. Here they are:

8pm - 6.3
I then ate
8:30 - 9.2
9pm - 7.2
I then went to bed and woke up at 7am with a 4.8

11am 6.2
1pm 4.1 ( I ate lunch )
And at 1:27 it was 8.3

What did you eat?

It doesn't look particularly bad.

Fasting levels seem well within range, and post meal values look OK.

The best way to find out is to get a hba1c test.

So I'd expect a rise for a risotto, as it's mainly rice.
Same for the Samosa.

It seem to be coming down quickly, so it doesn't look bad.

I had risotto last night and a samosa and some carrot sticks at lunch today

@Isabellew6 So pretty high carb and a good test. Your numbers look normal.

If you’re still concerned, visit your GP who can do an HbA1C test to rule out diabetes and also rule out a few other possibilities too.

I don't think levels like that would cause the problems you are seeing. Excess urination happens when levels are into double figures.

For peace of mind, it's worth getting a blood test.

I’ve just noticed that you’re 16 years old. If you were to have diabetes, in all likelihood you’d have Type 1. You’d likely be getting much higher sugars than that. When I was diagnosed with Type 1, my blood sugar was approaching 30. Your numbers are normal (I’ve tested lots of my non-diabetic friends and commonly see numbers like that).

You mentioned hypertension - that’s high blood pressure. That would be something to talk to the doctor about too.

Tiredness can be caused by anaemia, thyroid problems, lack of vitamins, lack of sleep, etc.

Last edited:
Everyone's BG rises after eating so none of those numbers look bad. If you really want to see how your body deals with a meal you should wait 2 hours before testing. Your 30 minutes and 27 minutes is much too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back