Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi Folks,

Got prescribed Lyumjev last week but can't get it from anywhere! Does anyone else have the same problem?

What reasons have the pharmacies given for not being able to get any?

Not myself, but someone else mentioned a few weeks ago about it being difficult to get hold of. I think partly because it is relatively new to the market and not many people using it, so perhaps not widely stocked.

I've been so looking forward to trying it. I've had two pharmacies said they've ordered it and then when I go to get it new staff on shift have denied all knowledge of it and the order doesn't exist

What reasons have the pharmacies given for not being able to get any?
Theyve denied all knowledge of ordering it! Bizarre as both of them told me it was ordered. Actually the first one did do an order but it was for an eppi pen instead!

How frustrating!

what is

Lyumjev​

I've been so looking forward to trying it. I've had two pharmacies said they've ordered it and then when I go to get it new staff on shift have denied all knowledge of it and the order doesn't exist
That doesn’t sound like a supply issue then it sounds like the pharmacy isn’t ordering it. Have you tried a different pharmacy?

That doesn’t sound like a supply issue then it sounds like the pharmacy isn’t ordering it. Have you tried a different pharmacy?
I spent last night ring round pharmacies in Gloucestershire. None can get it. So why two said yes they can , tell me they ordered it then denied all knowledge of it with one actually ordering something differant is beyond me. This just says to me that it can't be sourced here at all.

what is

Lyumjev​

Oh sorry lost the thread. It's fast acting @rayray119 , it's because my lispro takes too long to become active and I get horrendously high spikes now, even after waiting 30inutes after injecting before eating.

Yes I know , that why I've been put on it but it seems like it's not available anywhere in Gloucestershire.
Is it worthwhile asking your diabetes team if you could try Fiasp? It is another faster acting insulin which I have had no trouble getting it in a neighbouring county.

Is it worthwhile asking your diabetes team if you could try Fiasp? It is another faster acting insulin which I have had no trouble getting it in a neighbouring county.
We spoke about it earlier on in the year but if I remember rightly that doesn't come in half units and I was worried about doing whole unit corrections if needed as my mealtime ratios are so differant. Now I'm a few months more down the line, it could come to that.

We spoke about it earlier on in the year but if I remember rightly that doesn't come in half units and I was worried about doing whole unit corrections if needed as my mealtime ratios are so differant. Now I'm a few months more down the line, it could come to that.
Fiasp cartridges fit in NovoPen Echo which come in half units.
I have no idea if you can get half unit single use Fiasp pens as I am not interested in the unnecessary waste.

I understand half unit single use Humalog pens are very difficult to come by.
This may be your issue with Lyumjev if you have requested single use pens.

Last edited:
Last prescription pharmacist struggled to get Lyumjev and eventually got 3 vials direct from the supplier. She said she could not guarantee this months prescription and if she could get some it would be short life ie use by 31 December. Presumed the issue was resolved as the insulin i picked up on Thursday was ready and waiting and end of July use by. Note this was vials not penfills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back