Is there a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Has anyone using insulin ever experienced a blocked vial? When the rubber injection port at the top of the vial starts to push outwards as you press the dispense button, you can no longer get any insulin out. Does anyone know why this happens and if it is possible to salvage it (when away from home)?

Thanks

Not had that happen, but try removing vial from pen then make sure pen mechanism is working OK, should just push back down flat.

Do you mean a pen cartridge? I know nothing about vials.
If a pen cartridge, have you swapped the needle in case it is blocked or it isn't long enough in the cap end to go all the way through the rubber seal when screwed in.

Do you mean a pen cartridge? I know nothing about vials.
If a pen cartridge, have you swapped the needle in case it is blocked or it isn't long enough in the cap end to go all the way through the rubber seal when screwed in.
Thanks @nonethewiser @rebrascora

It certainly seems to be like the needle doesn't go all the way through the rubber stopper, no matter how tight its screwed on. I've had to bin the vial when this happens.

Thanks @nonethewiser @rebrascora

It certainly seems to be like the needle doesn't go all the way through the rubber stopper, no matter how tight its screwed on. I've had to bin the vial when this happens.

So all good with new vial AM?

Those pen cartridges must be pressurized, once tried to draw up insulin from one using a syringe & needle wouldn't go in, but tbh not had that happen when screwing a needle onto a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back