Is T2D inevitable if diagnosed pre-diabetic as young as 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
With all those years left to live, I find my situation discouraging. Have not been able to find anything saying someone diagnosed pre-diabetic this young can reverse it permanently. Seems like this condition will inevitably progress to T2D.

All I would like to say is that since my diagnosis.... which spurred me to change my unhealthy diet and be more conscious of getting exercise, particularly walking.... I feel younger and fitter and healthier and slimmer and to me my diagnosis has resulted in me improving my wellbeing and my life expectancy rather than reducing it. Granted I am significantly older than you but that just means you get longer to improve your health and diet and fitness. You can look at it 2 ways and for me I see my diagnosis as a catalyst to getting healthier. My previous lifestyle was shortening my life.

If Type 2 diabetes is well managed from the start then it should not be life limiting. You are lucky that you have been caught before you have crossed the threshold into a diagnosis, so if you make some healthy changes that you can sustain, then there is no reason why you should develop diabetes and if you slip off the wagon and you do cross into a full diagnosis, there is every reason to believe that, if you put some effort in to get yourself back on the wagon, you can reverse it. The ball is in your court and the world is your oyster..... This "at risk warning" could well be the road to the new healthier you, as my diagnosis has been for me.
At the moment you seem to be looking at it as a death sentence and it certainly doesn't have to be. Get your act together and start making positive changes. I can tell you it feels good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back