Is possible to reduce HbA1c using the libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I have been using the libre 2 since 26th May and my current TIR is 94. Will this be a good help when I get my HbA1c done ? Could it be reduced?

Hi

I have been using the libre 2 since 26th May and my current TIR is 94. Will this be a good help when I get my HbA1c done ? Could it be reduced?
It depends what your HbA1c was to start with! Does it need reducing?
Mine was around 46-48 before I used the Libre. My latest one was 49, but I'm having fewer hypos and fewer spikes at the top. My diabetes clinic seems to set more store on time in range than my HbA1c.

Wearing a Libre does not automatically reduce HbA1C but it gives you data to help with diabetes management.
It can help you identify wan causes your levels to rise maybe different types of food) and what causes them to fall (such as exercise) so that you can adapt your life to reduce HbA1C

Hi

Hi,

Have you uploaded your data to the https://www.libreview.com/ site? That does give an estimate of A1C level on the Glucose Pattern Insights section.

Note that I'm not really certain how accurate that estimate is - might be interesting to hear from others. Also difficult to come up with a direct mapping from TIR as that is dependent on what boundaries have been set for 'in range' - but 94 sounds very impressive to me.

As far as mine's concerned, it always underestimates it. Last time said 48, actually 54. Only ever been under 50 once in the last 50 years - and I was spending so much time hypo, it was ridiculous.

There again - if it's really true I no longer show any diabetic changes in my eyes - it obviously does help!

Hi Rob

My last HbA1c was 7.6 I think. I can't remember tbh as it was in January.

Someone said to get the NHS app I am assuming I can see HbA1c results etc on it but I have googled and mentioned some code you should have?

I am waiting for the response to a message sent to the Dr who has request me to get my HbA1c done by the receptionist saying that I had been told by another Dr to get it done end of July beginning of August.

As far as mine's concerned, it always underestimates it. Last time said 48, actually 54. Only ever been under 50 once in the last 50 years - and I was spending so much time hypo, it was ridiculous.
My Libre under estimated too.
It only describes itself as an estimate which is fair enough because it is not measuring haemoglibin, it is using an algorithm to guess the number.
Libre estimated 35 last time and the blood test was 45.

My conclusion was not to compare Libre estimated HbA1C with real HbA1. However, it is a good way to track improvements if you compare Libre HbA1C with previous Libre HbA1C.

Someone said to get the NHS app I am assuming I can see HbA1c results etc on it but I have googled and mentioned some code you should have?
You have to ask at your GP's and they will tell you what the options are (if they use their own service), and will help set it up for you and give you a password or a code to get you started.

I order my prescriptions online and see all my test results as soon as they are available. I set my account up three years ago, and all the records added from that date forward are available online, older records are not online, but they are available on request from the GP's.

You have to ask at your GP's and they will tell you what the options are (if they use their own service), and will help set it up for you and give you a password or a code to get you started.

I order my prescriptions online and see all my test results as soon as they are available. I set my account up three years ago, and all the records added from that date forward are available online, older records are not online, but they are available on request from the GP's.
Thank you. I will ask when they call if they call to let me know what the Dr said in response to the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back