Is my neuropathy spreading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been having issues all freakin day with this and its doing my nut in, really upsetting me. Yesterday at work I was having huge issues with my feet, a right pain in the bum it was too. But today I've been noticing that the tops of my thighs are burning and sometimes the fronts of my lower legs too 😱 It's quite offputting - I've been taking my gabapentin like a good girl, but am seriously considering taking an extra one tonight. I've been popping the paracetamol and codeine tablets but to no effect.

Any ideas? At first I thought it could be itching or whatever because of shaving, but well...that just doesn't make much sense.

Any ideas?

I'm going to ask doctor man next time I'm up there which will be er...July the twenty somethingth now for when I go sort out prescriptions and whatnot with the ole pump. I will be so p****d off if it is to do with it. F***, why did I rebel to that extent?!

Why can't I just be normal.

I'm so fed up of this now. I don't want to deal with it anymore. I GIVE UP!

I'd get to a doc chuck, just to rule things out. My sister has burning and numbness in her legs, and was just diagnoses with a slipped disc and degenerative issues in her spine.

She's on gabawotsit too though so dont think the treatment differs if it is.

I'd get to a doc chuck, just to rule things out. My sister has burning and numbness in her legs, and was just diagnoses with a slipped disc and degenerative issues in her spine.

She's on gabawotsit too though so dont think the treatment differs if it is.

"nods* thankfully pump appointment with mr doc isn't too far away, but if it keeps on I'll definitely make an appointment for sooner. It may be because I'm tired and been doing lots of walking, or the way I'm sitting. But docs is next on the agenda if it carries on.

ffs do not want 😡

Hey hun, it sucks being a diabetic sometimes.... it can scare you witless thinking about the future sometimes, well for me it does sometimes!!
If you are allowed to take an extra pill, then maybe to see if it helps, try it?

I dont mean to be nosey sam but how long did you actually rebel in your younger days,(not implying it was a million years ago mind 😉)

I have been recently getting a numb hip which likes to spread to my groin when i lay on my left side 🙄 Its not hard to jump to the wrong conclusions esp when you kind of expect them, but I think it may be related to the spinal block I had with grace which they tried to place 8 times lol it still hurts 😱

I hope that its something coincidental for you and subsides shortly xx

Hey hun, it sucks being a diabetic sometimes.... it can scare you witless thinking about the future sometimes, well for me it does sometimes!!
If you are allowed to take an extra pill, then maybe to see if it helps, try it?

I dont mean to be nosey sam but how long did you actually rebel in your younger days,(not implying it was a million years ago mind)

I have been recently getting a numb hip which likes to spread to my groin when i lay on my left side 🙄 Its not hard to jump to the wrong conclusions esp when you kind of expect them, but I think it may be related to the spinal block I had with grace which they tried to place 8 times lol it still hurts 😱

I hope that its something coincidental for you and subsides shortly xx

Lo

yep, I rebelled hugely during college and uni :( Like, never checked my bloods, didn't inject according to what I ate, sometimes didn't inject at all. I'm surpised I never ended up in hospital. I certainly should have. I talk about it a lot here http://www.talkingbloodglucose.com/2010/05/being-in-spotlight.html

I feel like such an idiot for letting myself do that to myself. I hate the fact that what's happening now is because of how rubbish I was. It makes me cry sometimes. I have to say though, it very rarely bugs me nowadays, just flares up sometimes. It's been pretty naff the past couple of days making me draw my breath in in pain - got me some strange looks at work I can tell you! But the burning is going off now, it may be down to tiredness as I am totally knackered atm but I'll keep an eye.

I'm the worst for worrying myself silly, specially as how I have the feet issues now :(

Lo

yep, I rebelled hugely during college and uni :( Like, never checked my bloods, didn't inject according to what I ate, sometimes didn't inject at all. I'm surpised I never ended up in hospital. I certainly should have. I talk about it a lot here http://www.talkingbloodglucose.com/2010/05/being-in-spotlight.html

I feel like such an idiot for letting myself do that to myself. I hate the fact that what's happening now is because of how rubbish I was. It makes me cry sometimes. I have to say though, it very rarely bugs me nowadays, just flares up sometimes. It's been pretty naff the past couple of days making me draw my breath in in pain - got me some strange looks at work I can tell you! But the burning is going off now, it may be down to tiredness as I am totally knackered atm but I'll keep an eye.

I'm the worst for worrying myself silly, specially as how I have the feet issues now :(

Ill take a look at your blog, thanks sam! I rebeled when I was younger (16)... i figured the less insulin i took the more weight I lost, but only recently been able to admit that to myself... only happened for a few months but ended up in hospital with dka! dunno what was worse my thirst or the fact i had to get blood taken from my wrist artery!:(
I dont know how much that episode has went towards my diabetes and health for the future, but i can relate to what you say about feeling down sometimes about ignoring your health back then!
I will end up blaming that time in my life (and myself) for any ill effects in the future, as although 3 months doesnt sound long, I really dont think it will do me any favours!

Ps im always here or fb if you wanna chat (well not always but u get what I mean haha) xx

I am in the same boat silent... I went out today to a bootsale and after about half hour my hips lower back n feet were killing me.. I came home n went back to bed I just got up and feel a little better but like you I am going to see Doc cause this is just getting stupid....

Silent are you on any type of pain killers during they day for your neuropathy... Only reason I ask is because the last few days I have been in agony with my lower back hips and feet...

I wonder if the stress of the new job could be affecting things? I imagine there's a lot to take in as you find your way about the place.

Silent are you on any type of pain killers during they day for your neuropathy... Only reason I ask is because the last few days I have been in agony with my lower back hips and feet...

I take Gabapentin 3 times per day, and pop the paracetamol/codeine if it gets really bad

It seems to have just been an off day though, no problems since :confused: Maybe it was just where my jeans were rubbing? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back