Is my body so used to water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Drunk some fruit drink (squash) today and sorry for the detail but i have been up and down to the toilet for past 1-2 hours, is it because i drink water ALL the time now and my body has reacted bad to the change?

how much water do you drink Steffie? i've started drinking nettle tea at work and have found i keep having to go to the loo more often than i used to but i think it's because nettle tea is meant to be good for the kidneys and that it flushes out toxins

how much water do you drink Steffie? i've started drinking nettle tea at work and have found i keep having to go to the loo more often than i used to but i think it's because nettle tea is meant to be good for the kidneys and that it flushes out toxins

I drink 3 litres a day, nettle tea never had that before.

gosh if i was drinking 3 litres i think i too would be visiting the loo a lot lol! i'm lucky if i manage 2 glasses of water a day at work but if can used to the taste, Nettle tea is meant to be really good for the blood and kidneys (i don't think it does much in the way of glucose lowering) but i posted a thread about herbal teas in the Food/Carb queries section. Green tea also has great health benefits. All i did was google what i wanted to know 🙂

Could be... I usually only drink water as well, if I drink diet sodas I find they bag me up and I end up bloated. Have you tried green tea it is supposed to be really good. I dont drink it (dont like the taste) but do take it in tablet form.

gosh if i was drinking 3 litres i think i too would be visiting the loo a lot lol! i'm lucky if i manage 2 glasses of water a day at work but if can used to the taste, Nettle tea is meant to be really good for the blood and kidneys (i don't think it does much in the way of glucose lowering) but i posted a thread about herbal teas in the Food/Carb queries section. Green tea also has great health benefits. All i did was google what i wanted to know 🙂

I dont visit the loo alot on the water though, its only today when i decided on squash and had NO water.

Could be... I usually only drink water as well, if I drink diet sodas I find they bag me up and I end up bloated. Have you tried green tea it is supposed to be really good. I dont drink it (dont like the taste) but do take it in tablet form.

Dont do hot drinks Carina..

someone at work told me about Dr Stuart's range of herbal teas (you can get them online or from a health food shop) but i'm trying them out at the moment and want to try the Liver Detox ones but i will stick with drinking one cup of nettle tea and one cup of green tea a day at work - have got used to it now.

I drink a good 3 litres of water a day - always thirsty and do go to the loo loads, but this might sound weird, it actually feels like I am getting rid of all the bad stuff. If I drink diet coke I go even more!

I drink a good 3 litres of water a day - always thirsty and do go to the loo loads, but this might sound weird, it actually feels like I am getting rid of all the bad stuff. If I drink diet coke I go even more!

yeah well least im ok now lol. x

Hi Steff

Did the squash have artificial sweetener in? Some of them play havoc with people's tums :(

Yeah it did, dam i've done it again , everytime i dare to drink anything but water i get a bad reaction same with pepsi max grrr.

Hi Steffie - glad to hear you are okay now though.

like most diabetics i drink lots of water every day as well as tea lol,
what ive found is that the slightest change in my diet can lead to a day spent in the toilet, i personally think its down to the meds we take to control our diabetes,by the way the worst reaction ive had with water was a bottle of strawberry flavor water it went right threw without stoping lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back