IS IT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandolph

I did my blood this morning, the same as i do every day. the blood on the tab goes to the top . beeps and gives me a reading.
this morning exactly the same except the machine recoreded E6. i did it 4 times and got the same result.
i make sure there is a good spot of blood and it goes to the top of the tab. still i get E6.
is there something wrong with the machine.

You need to look at the leaflet or booklet 5hat came with the machine to see what the E6 means. The E usually refers to some sort of error code.

Yep, there is an error somewhere. What machine is it?

Low batteries, blood applied too soon, blood in the wrong place, not enough blood…..there are lots of possible error messages @gandolph Look in the meter booklet or Google the name of your meter plus “error E6” and it will tell you what the issue is.

Low batteries, blood applied too soon, blood in the wrong place, not enough blood…..there are lots of possible error messages @gandolph Look in the meter booklet or Google the name of your meter plus “error E6” and it will tell you what the issue is.
thank you unfortunatly i dont have the booklet i have miaplaced it.

Even so, searching for the name is likely to help. Presuming it is Accurate-Chek Performa the manuals (and error codes) are on their website.

Error E-6 means "Blood or control solution was applied to the test strip before the flashing drop symbol appeared on the display. Discard the test strip and repeat the blood glucose or control test."

MikeyB has given the answer 🙂 It’s something I do sometimes myself too - apply the blood too quickly. Do a test again, wait for the Apply Blood symbol/message, then mentally count to 3 before actually applying the blood.

Thank you to all of you for your help. you have got it right ,i didnt' see the little tear drop at the bootom.
i was putting the tab in to soon, i down loaded the booklett from one of the sights. so now i will know .
next time. its/ great to know i have so much help when i need it .

once again THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back