Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
18:05pm 1st before tea test 3.8
Had 4x dextrose tablets then tested 15 minutes later

18:22pm 2nd before tea test and 15 min hypo check 4.2
Had tea 66g of carbs but reduced carb amount by 15g to 51g and had humalog after eating

Had 2x whisky & diet cokes - 1 was on a night out with hubby and son to see a comedian

We got McDonald's on the way home - I had 6x chicken nuggets
- 22:17pm bedtume test and also before my chicken nuggets 10:3 - 18g of carbs but reduced to 10g of carbs so I wouldn’t be taking as much insulin at bedtime - 1.0 unit humalog food - 1.0 unit humalog correction

7:18am waking 4.2

10:12am before breakfast 5.3 - 36g carbs - 4.0 units humalog food

Personally I wouldn't at any point and general advice after drinking is to have carbs without bolus due to the effect alcohol can have on BG hours later and as you woke a little too close to the line especially given your lack of hypo awareness I think you know the answer yourself

You use Humalog in your usual ratios when you eat, whether that's three o'clock in the afternoon or the same time in the morning. Two single whisky and diet cokes wont affect that over much.

Personally I wouldn't at any point and general advice after drinking is to have carbs without bolus due to the effect alcohol can have on BG hours later and as you woke a little too close to the line especially given your lack of hypo awareness I think you know the answer yourselfWould it be better to not have had the humalog?
Would it be best to have my supper and no humalog?

As I said general advice after drinking is to consume carbs without insulin, I know of people that's BG lowers even just after 1 drink so only you know how you react to alcohol, I no longer drink alcohol and haven't for over 4 years because to me it isn't worth the hassle xx

As I said general advice after drinking is to consume carbs without insulin, I know of people that's BG lowers even just after 1 drink so only you know how you react to alcohol, I no longer drink alcohol and haven't for over 4 years because to me it isn't worth the hassle xx
Thanks @Kaylz - I also kept the carbs to a lowish amount which was 18g of carbs for 6 nuggets and not have something which was a high amount of carbs like 30 odd grams.

Hi Gill, if I'm 9 or lower I'll have a supper without humalog as for Some reason I don't go up. It stops me dropping too low n the night. If I'm on a 13 plus I'll have half a unit and I'm nice for the morning. I aim to be around 10 at bed time so my basal has me just right through the night. I've found if I don't half that half unit I have a horrendous night, can sleep and all jittery .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back