Is Dexcom One more accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I ask the above because when I was on Libre unless I scanned I wouldn't know what my bg level was at that moment.

I have only been on Dexcom One since I applied the first sensor with the transmitter last Thursday (10/11) I have tried to be a bit more relaxed especially when I have had higher readings but I am scared the feeling I had when I was on Libre is creeping back.

I admit I have had some things that may have spiked my bg today but hopefully it will drop after a while. Is it normal to constantly check when one gets a high reading to see if it has dropped?

I'm not going to bother with Dexcom Clarity as you need a PC and I don't have one.

I have emailed Dexcom UK sales the see what they want me to do with the second transmitter and sensor. I said I am happy to pay for it to avoid the hassle of sending it back. I have sent a screenshot of the boxes.

Different people seem to find that different sensors suit them best, so while they will all have ‘official’ accuracy data from trials, how the sensors perform for you as an individual may be different.

As for rechecking when you have seen some out of range numbers, yes I hold my hand up to that.

But try not to let your anxiety run away with you. Your levels will be at the same point whether you look or not (unless you use the level for motivation for a brisk walk!). Perhaps seeing those numbers might help you reduce portions of those foods another time.

But don’t forget that aiming for a flat line is completely unnatural. people with fully functioning pancreases have rises and falls in BG levels, so it’s only natural yours will too!

Different people seem to find that different sensors suit them best, so while they will all have ‘official’ accuracy data from trials, how the sensors perform for you as an individual may be different.

As for rechecking when you have seen some out of range numbers, yes I hold my hand up to that.

But try not to let your anxiety run away with you. Your levels will be at the same point whether you look or not (unless you use the level for motivation for a brisk walk!). Perhaps seeing those numbers might help you reduce portions of those foods another time.

But don’t forget that aiming for a flat line is completely unnatural. people with fully functioning pancreases have rises and falls in BG levels, so it’s only natural yours will too!
Thank you for your reply.

Think because they were higher than when I was using Libre having had similar food surprised me. Maybe the initial anxiety didn't help but I am still getting familiar with the fact that I am using a system that is monitoring my bg levels continually without having to scan.

I don't think it would make any difference even if my phone was compatible with the Dexcom One app as I would still be checking if my bg had dropped after being high!. I'm going to try and not check unless my receiver vibrates to tell me my level is high or low which was my reason for wanting a cgm ie not having to worry unless I was alerted in the first place so no idea why I have been checking force of habit I suppose.

The difference between diabetics and those without is that the latter wouldn't know if they were at risk of long term complications if their blood glucose levels remained high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back