Is daytime sleepiness a symptom of diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emil87

My brother has been showing some other symptoms of diabetes but today said that he's struggling with daytime sleepiness and falls into deep sleeps during the day. Can't even keep his eyes open even after sleeping well the previous night and he craves sugar by the end of the day.
Just wondering if this should be considered together with thirst, polyuria, etc, or if it's something else altogether.

I am diabetic so he's got a family history as a result.

I’d consider it. Tiredness is a sign/symptom of low/high bloods as well.

I remember back before I was diagnosed I would struggle throughout school to stay awake!

me too, I still have a nap in the day, even with my BG levels being under control, but about 30 mins after lunch I find myself falling asleep. I work from home flexible hours, so can just add on the nap time to my working day later, I am not as bad as before and dont sleep well at night which is possibly another reason for daytime napping.

Tiredness can be linked to other things too though, depression, being overweight, stressed etc so I would recommend he gets checked out by his GP

For me, it was: vision problems; Grand Canyon like fissures in my feet; excessive thirst; excessive urination..... Basically, the classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back