Is a reading of 9.5 too high, before breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahluvly

Can anyone offer any advice on whether this is too high a reading?

My Grandmother is 76 years old with type 2 diabetes.

x

well really she is looking for between 4 and 7 so it is a wee bit high but just make sure she is eating sensibly

well really she is looking for between 4 and 7 so it is a wee bit high but just make sure she is eating sensibly

Thanks Steff, I've just returned from my hols and she doesn't look well at all, so we've went up this morning to take her BG reading. I thought it was high but I wanted to ask for advice x

if your concerned get her to docs then she is an elderly lady she should be seen quickly ,explain to reception her diabetes

It's a little too high for long term control of complications, but it should not cause any short term problems, particularly for someone with type 2.

I would look for other causes as to why she is unwell at the moment.

Can you find out what her target blood sugar is? Because some Dr's like older people to run slightly higher if they are at risk of hypos, but depends on the individual patient.
Hope you can find out why your grandmother is feeling unwell

Thanks everyone for the advice. I've had my Gran at the doctors today and she's been examined and has had some tests carried out, so hopefully a more closely diet monitored by myself will at least help to find out what the causes of her poorliness are.

Thank again! This is a really good website/forum for advice on Diabetes.

x

nice to hear you got her in so quick good luck to her results x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back