Is a liquid lunch the best way to keep excess weight at bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Whether it’s for your summer holiday, to fit into a special dress or just to feel better, most of us have tried a diet at some point in our life.

But while many opt for calorie counting or the 5:2, when it comes to shifting the pounds quickly, liquid meal replacements are becoming increasingly popular.

Instead of tucking into a calorie-controlled plate of meat and two veg, your breakfast, lunch and dinner is
a formula milkshake or soup for weeks.

But do these extreme diets actually work and, more crucially, are they any good for long-term weight loss or do you just pile the pounds back on once you start eating “proper” food again?

A growing number of experts believe that these total meal replacement diets (also known as total diet replacements or formula diets) could be the solution to solving the UK’s obesity crisis – they are, in fact, already being used by the NHS in some areas of the country.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/liquid-lunch-best-way-keep-4033484#.U-fTGfldWAg

My stomach is not fooled by soup, unless it is almost a casserole.

I love soup plus the sandwich I have with it 🙄. I personally think you pile the weight back on the minute you start to eat normally again after a fad diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back