irregular heartbeat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Went for my annual review last week and, as I thought, my BP is creeping up despite being on an ace inhibitor which I have been on for donkeys years now. So sent away to do 2 tests per day with my home monitor and follow up in 2/52.

This morning my BP monitor decided that I also have an irregular heartbeat as the symbol for this came up on the display. Decided not to start panicking. Do some more tests over the next few days and ring GP on my next day off if it keeps coming up. I remember reading about irregular heartbeat being a risk factor for CV events so hope that it might be an anomaly of the meter.

Any thoughts on this, yet another factor to consider in the great riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma that is diabetes.

My BP monitor sometimes throws up an irregular heartbeat indicator but I just adjust the positioning of the cuff and take it again and it's always been ok. I've never been flagged as having an irregular heartbeat in any tests other than home BP monitoring ones. And it's something they'd be looking for I'd hope as both mum and dad have strange heartbeat patterns.

My BP monitor sometimes throws up an irregular heartbeat indicator but I just adjust the positioning of the cuff and take it again and it's always been ok. I've never been flagged as having an irregular heartbeat in any tests other than home BP monitoring ones. And it's something they'd be looking for I'd hope as both mum and dad have strange heartbeat patterns.
That's somewhat reassuring. Thanks @ColinUK

Always wise to speak to your GP if you have any concerns @Peely66 Most can do a basic ECG in the surgery. It could well be just a blip as @ColinUK describes, but worth checking, if only for reassurance.

Sorry to hear your BP might be rising a little @Peely66

I was asked to do a week of morning and evening BP checks this year too.

Hope the irregular heartbeat warning is just a glitch in the home monitor - I would imagine the domestic / home ones are less reliable and more prone to hiccups than ‘proper’ HCP / lab ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back