iPhone "Carb Counter" App.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I dont have an iPhone (I have a minor difficultly working my iPump sometimes 🙄) and heard from a friend on a diet she has downloaded a "Calorie Counter" application onto her iPhone. I asked about a "carb counting" app and she says there is one, and many apps of that variety but only calorie counting at the mo so not used it.

Does anyone have this "Carb Counting" app? It sounds quite exciting to me (I have a 'hate-hate' relationshipship with my Collins Gems carb counter) and certainly if this app is as useful as it sounds would consider writing off the cost of an iPhone in my head (quite expensive I know) off in the better interests of my health :D

Would love to hear from anyone who uses this method, or can shed abit more light on it for me please! 🙂

Cheers all, (hope you are all having fun in the sun too!)

Louisa xx

I've tried a few applications for carb counting but I've never really stuck with using them. But that may be a personal thing, I just find it easier to use a book. Strange really as I live on my iPod touch!
Speaking of which, the iPod touch could be an alternative to getting an iPhone, you can use all the same applications on it.

Last edited:
I've heard that you can get an application that stores your blood sugar readings and insulin doses for the past sixty days as well. I can't recall the name of it but it'd be worth a look I reckon.

Tom

I've tried a few applications for carb counting but I've never really stuck with using them. But that may be a personal thing, I just find it easier to use a book. Strange really as I live on my iPod touch!
Speaking of which, the iPod touch could be an alternative to getting an iPhone, you can use all the same allocations on it.

OOoo can you !!?? Ive got an Ipod Touch 🙂🙂🙂 I'm not very technical though I'm affraid 😱

OOoo can you !!?? Ive got an Ipod Touch 🙂🙂🙂 I'm not very technical though I'm affraid 😱

The application that does that is called resturant nutrition I just googled it. Gonna have a look what it's like and update soon. I have also created a diabetes carb counter that can take insulin doses and it should be available very soon for download. When it's released I will let u all know.

Stuart

The application that does that is called resturant nutrition I just googled it. Gonna have a look what it's like and update soon. I have also created a diabetes carb counter that can take insulin doses and it should be available very soon for download. When it's released I will let u all know.

Stuart

Thanks for that Stuart 🙂🙂 I hope you feel better today btw

I have also created a diabetes carb counter that can take insulin doses and it should be available very soon for download. When it's released I will let u all know.

Stuart
Should make it work on Android phones as well. 😉

Android OS > iPhone OS. 😎

Hi all

I ahve looked in to this on my iphone now there are a few out there i have just downloaded one so will play with it for the next few days and update

Stuart

I have a 'diabetes diary' on mine. I love it - stores doses, blood sugars etc. Only short fall is it doesn't allow to store carb intake except as a note accompanying the reading. I have a carb counter app too but don't really like it!

T-Mobiles G1 (google phone) has a calorie counter and it breaks the product down into carbs etc, it even does the same as WW online but its free,

Thanks for starting this thread!

Oh also found a pedometer on there, i will have to look at the apps, they are all free!

Julie x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back