Iphone Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstu21

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All

Got a weird one. i have just bought an iphone and found this application that allow you to build apps.

I was looking around at the apps and there is a few for type 2 suffers and thought there must be something i could do for type 1 suffers. hence why i am posting on here.

seen as we are the suffers if you could have something in your pocket that could help with the day to day what would it be???

Look forward to your answers

Stuart 🙄

come on i thought you would all be chomping at the bit with this one lol :D

I dont actually understand the post LOL but im t2 so not sure i fit the criteria to reply

On the iphone you can download applications (they are sort of like games but can be educational). on the app store you can down load these.

I have found lots on there for type 2 suffers.

But i have found an application that lets you build apps and i want to build one to help us type 1 suffers and wated suggestions

hope that is a bit clearer

Stuart

:D

Sorry me and mobiles dont get on i will let some one else reply and then my brain might click into gear

cheers for that Stuart for typing out twice for me x

I am hoping to be able to gather some info to make one that will actually be useful to us thats in english units and names something that can also be a bit fun but helpful and somewhere to note bits down

Hmm the possibilities. Some kind of blood sugar levels counter app for 3 meals a day + a basal injection late at night? Have it so that highs and lows can be counted and if they repeat themselves, such as hypos always at lunch or highs at dinner etc, app alerts user.

Maybe also some carb counter/units of insulin needed app. So I put in X grams of carbs and I've set the app to understand that I can take 11 grams of carbs per unit of Novorapid. So I put in say 55 grams of carbs and it tells me that I should take 5 units of Novorapid as I've entered the 11 grams of carbs to each unit of Novorapid. 🙂

Maybe an HbA1c convertor from the %age count we use now to the mmols that we're changing to in a couple of years?

Could it do the same kind of thing that pumps do, following on from Marc's suggestion about entering carbs but it will also take into account what you blood sugar is and then make a suggestion of insulin dose.

so Marc is eating 55g carbs, but his blood sugar is 12mmol so he needs a correction, his correction factor is for example 1 unit drops 2 mmol, with his target of 6, it will know he needs 3 units correction, so will add that to the insulin for the carbs and suggest a dose of 8 units.

Would that be too hard to build?

Could it do the same kind of thing that pumps do, following on from Marc's suggestion about entering carbs but it will also take into account what you blood sugar is and then make a suggestion of insulin dose.

so Marc is eating 55g carbs, but his blood sugar is 12mmol so he needs a correction, his correction factor is for example 1 unit drops 2 mmol, with his target of 6, it will know he needs 3 units correction, so will add that to the insulin for the carbs and suggest a dose of 8 units.

Would that be too hard to build?
Oooh you genius! 😎 I didn't know my correction factor is 1 unit drops 2mmol. How'd you work it out? 😛

Seriously though, nice idea. 🙂

I've used a couple of diabetes applications on there, carb counters and an bg diary but I've never found myself sticking at using one...

can u make a phone that has a blood glucose monitor in it please? :D ok, so that is a bit more than an app...

Yeah you could do one that works out how much insulin you need, a log book and... i had an idea whilst I was reading your post but now it has escaped me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back