iPhone alarms confusion with Libra 2 sensor

Yorkey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
Is anyone else having any issues with their iPhone giving false alarms both with lost sensor signal and low glucose level.
I had an older iPhone acting this way and after speaking with the Libra people, they suggested I use one of their readers in conjunction with my iPhone.
This worked ok but was a pain to have to take a reading on each device. I now have a new iPhone 15 and thought I would try to just use the iPhone on its own. I now have the same issue I had with my older iPhone, false alarms. I would be interested in anyone else’s take on this.
TIA

I use a reader for my Libre, so have no experience of that, but i’ve just been trialling a Dexcom One + with my Android phone, and found I had occasional alerts which were neither low or high glucose, nor signal loss (unless it immediately reconnected, but I had got it set for ‘don’t alert me until you’ve lost it for more than 20 minutes', so unlikely).
I found it frustrating that if the alarm went off in those circumstances, when I looked at my phone, there was no notification to tell me WHY the alarm had sounded.
Maybe it’s an issue whatever system you use, with whatever phone.

I mostly use the Libre reader which I absolutely love for it's simplicity and small convenient size. I have had spells where I used an old iphone 8, however I always switch off the "out of range/loss of connection" alarm as I don't find it useful, just irritating and it takes the battery down faster. I can have my reader on charge in the next room and the alarm goes off if I am low or high, despite the screen showing that I have been too far away. ie the signal loss symbol is on the screen, so I just don't think it is of much/any benefit and best turned off as many people here on the forum do.

As regards the signal dropping out on the iphone it did happen to me a few times but not regularly. Occasionally it dropped the signal despite being on the bedside table next to me whilst I slept. I never have that problem with the reader which I find totally reliable.

I use a reader for my Libre, so have no experience of that, but i’ve just been trialling a Dexcom One + with my Android phone, and found I had occasional alerts which were neither low or high glucose, nor signal loss (unless it immediately reconnected, but I had got it set for ‘don’t alert me until you’ve lost it for more than 20 minutes', so unlikely).
I found it frustrating that if the alarm went off in those circumstances, when I looked at my phone, there was no notification to tell me WHY the alarm had sounded.
Maybe it’s an issue whatever system you use, with whatever phone.
Hi thank you very much for your help. At the moment it seems to be behaving so will keep my fingers crossed.

I mostly use the Libre reader which I absolutely love for it's simplicity and small convenient size. I have had spells where I used an old iphone 8, however I always switch off the "out of range/loss of connection" alarm as I don't find it useful, just irritating and it takes the battery down faster. I can have my reader on charge in the next room and the alarm goes off if I am low or high, despite the screen showing that I have been too far away. ie the signal loss symbol is on the screen, so I just don't think it is of much/any benefit and best turned off as many people here on the forum do.

As regards the signal dropping out on the iphone it did happen to me a few times but not regularly. Occasionally it dropped the signal despite being on the bedside table next to me whilst I slept. I never have that problem with the reader which I find totally reliable.

Yes I much prefer the reader and it’s so quick with the results but after buying a new phone I will persevere. Thank you again.

Back