iPad Safari browser very slow loading this forum - possible fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal422

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Thought I’d post this in case it is of help to anyone else.

Over the past week I’ve had issues with this forum in particular (but also a few other websites) where loading pages was taking ages and almost being non-responsive using my iPad (10th gen running iOS 17.1.2). Despite force stopping Safari, restarting the iPad, nothing seemed to help. The forum was responsive and working fine on my iPhone so the issue must be on the iPad.

I have just cleared as much as I can from the browser by using the below options and so far it seems to have restored the speed and responsiveness of this forum for me!

1. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

2. In Safari, History > Clear, then tick All History and Clear History

Hopefully this will do the trick and may be of help to others experiencing the same issues.

Thought I’d post this in case it is of help to anyone else.

Over the past week I’ve had issues with this forum in particular (but also a few other websites) where loading pages was taking ages and almost being non-responsive using my iPad (10th gen running iOS 17.1.2). Despite force stopping Safari, restarting the iPad, nothing seemed to help. The forum was responsive and working fine on my iPhone so the issue must be on the iPad.

I have just cleared as much as I can from the browser by using the below options and so far it seems to have restored the speed and responsiveness of this forum for me!

1. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

2. In Safari, History > Clear, then tick All History and Clear History

Hopefully this will do the trick and may be of help to others experiencing the same issues.
Thank you

Glad your iPad is running smoothly again. Possibly something clogged or corrupted in the cache?

It glitched again last night, solved by force closing Safari and restarting it. More googling revealed that lots of people are experiencing similar issues with Safari after iOS 17 up to and including 17.2. Some pages take ages or fail to load just following links from a google search for example, so it’s not this forum specifically.

Hopefully there’ll be a 17.3 along soon to fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back