iOS 17 and Dexcom - occasional glitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve been running iOS 17 for a week or more and mostly it has been absolutely fine. Alarms still sounding etc etc.

But on 2 occasions it seems to have frozen, and stays showing an older reading.

I can’t quite work out the circumstances that preceded the glitch, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

Closing and restarting the app fixes it immediately, but of course unless I check both pump and phone each time it’s not always obvious the phone app hasn’t updated for an hour.

You running the public release or one of the betas?

I had some weird sticking issues with the previous public beta but everything seems to be fine with the latest version. Not that I’m using Dexcom so my contribution here is of limited value of course!

We had someone a few months ago complaining that their Libre (I think) was freezing up and displaying "old readings" as they described it. It didn't make sense at the time but it does now you describe it Mike, even though it is happening with Dexcom for you.

I've not had any problems, but Apple released an update last week (v17.1.2) which was rather unexpected so soon after the initial launch, so maybe they were sorting out some underlying glitches. It might be worth installing that if you haven't already done so.

One thing I have noticed though is that the font size of the Dexcom reading is now very small in the complication window on my watch face. Not a big deal.

I think the patch was security holes. Or some such. And yes, I’m running 17.1.2 @m1dnc :(

The ‘freezing’ seems to be getting more frequent. Unless I’m just unlucky tonight. At 10pm my iOS app was still showing 8.30 readings (the time on the bottom of the graph can be a giveaway.

I sorted it. But then it almost immediately froze again. And this time while my BGs were dropping after a meal-error correction. Thankfully I have alarms in my pump not my phone!!

1702249523642.jpeg

You can see that the phone is stuck at 5.7, while the pump shows the more recent 4.4.

I have noticed that flipping the app between landscape (scrolling) and portrait (standard) views resets the display.

I’ll have to keep an eye on it. And have notified Dexcom via twitter (or whatever it is now called)

Aha! An update to 17.2 was offered this morning, with some extra twiddly bits along with bug fixes.

Let’s hope whatever it was that was making the G6 app freeze has been fixed along the way? Time will tell!

I've had the same with my Dexcom. It freezes on numbers and I've given myself a bolus based on it before, sending myself hypo as it was actually lower than recorded

I've had the same with my Dexcom. It freezes on numbers and I've given myself a bolus based on it before, sending myself hypo as it was actually lower than recorded

Oh no!! Perhaps it's something you could raise with the Yellow Card scheme as you made a treatment decision based on the frozen (out of date) information.

I get this apparent frozen G6 blood sugar reading (although not as frequently as I was in early December last year - possibly due to iOS or App updates). I find having the G6 app open and turning my phone on its side and then switching back and forth between 12Hr and 24Hr view seems to 'unfreeze' the frozen blood sugar reading - so if I have a concern the reading might be frozen I do the above first.

I get this apparent frozen G6 blood sugar reading (although not as frequently as I was in early December last year - possibly due to iOS or App updates). I find having the G6 app open and turning my phone on its side and then switching back and forth between 12Hr and 24Hr view seems to 'unfreeze' the frozen blood sugar reading - so if I have a concern the reading might be frozen I do the above first.

Yes switching between views works for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back