iOS 15 and alarms - Libre sensor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broomey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I’ve just updated my iPhone to iOS 15
I’ve followed all the guidelines on Abbott’s helpful video.
Is there a way of receiving the glucose alarms in silent mode ie with vibration on and not the loud alarm. I would prefer to be the only person who knows the alarm has gone off - I may be in a meeting or briefing a group - I don’t want the alarm to sound.
Furthermore I used to receive notifications on my Garmin watch but they have also stopped - I wear the watch constantly and if the blood glucose falls in the night then the vibration on my wrist is sufficient to wake me up - I don’t want to wake/startle my wife with the load alam.
Anyone else had this issue?

receiving the glucose alarms in silent mode ie with vibration on and not the loud alarm. I would prefer to be the only person who knows the alarm has gone off - I may be in a meeting or briefing a group - I don’t want the alarm to sound.
Furthermore I used to receive notifications on my Garmin watch but they have also stopped
Sounds like an issue for Abbott's software developer and or Apple's IOS15; you realy need to raise the issue as a bug report; as being without the notifications for low bg is as bad as not being able to dial 999 for a medical emergency.

I'll bet you wife would prefer to hear the alarm and satisfy herself that you are dealing with that issue as too much time outside of the monitored zone is bad for your health in the long run.

With regards to going low during meetings, its hardly something to hide, even the former PM has had to juggle the like in full public gaze in the House of Commons etc.

Hi
I’ve just updated my iPhone to iOS 15
I’ve followed all the guidelines on Abbott’s helpful video.
Is there a way of receiving the glucose alarms in silent mode ie with vibration on and not the loud alarm. I would prefer to be the only person who knows the alarm has gone off - I may be in a meeting or briefing a group - I don’t want the alarm to sound.
Furthermore I used to receive notifications on my Garmin watch but they have also stopped - I wear the watch constantly and if the blood glucose falls in the night then the vibration on my wrist is sufficient to wake me up - I don’t want to wake/startle my wife with the load alam.
Anyone else had this issue?
I've similar problems, but mine started before updating to iOS15, in that alarms suddenly stopped being sent to my Apple Watch. Then once updated the alarms started again? Now with the same sensor they have stopped again. I'm not sure if it's an iOS problem, a sensor issue or the LibreLink app? Either way very frustrating to have a sudden loud alarm go off, instead of a vibration on my wrist, especially at night time, when it wakes my wife up too!!

Having just done some searching, I'm wondering if the Sounds & Haptics setting may help. I've just adjusted the volume of mine down to almost silent. Have to wait and see if this works for Critical alerts. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 01C1F078-0B24-4494-98CC-2A588627F9B7.png
    01C1F078-0B24-4494-98CC-2A588627F9B7.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 4
I have had a few notifications suggesting I delay updating to iOS15 for a short while for various apps I use, so have held off for a while.

Sounds like it was a pretty big update?

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to sound of alarm are not coming while you're wearing your Apple Watch, it can be frustrating. but here are some specific steps you can try to fix it:-
Check Settings:-
1. "Push alerts from iPhone" setting:-
This setting overrides your Watch and plays the alarm on your iPhone instead. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to My Watch, tap Clock, and turn off "Push alerts from iPhone". This ensures the alarm sound only comes from your Watch.
2. Silent Mode and Do Not Disturb:- On both your iPhone and Watch, verify they are not in Silent Mode or Do Not Disturb, which would mute the alarm.
Alarm Settings:-
1. Alarm Sound:
- On your iPhone, open the Clock app, tap the specific alarm, and ensure you've selected an audible sound and not "None."
2. Haptic Alert:- Double-check the alarm settings on your iPhone and Watch to ensure Haptic Alert is enabled as a backup if the sound doesn't play.
Follow More details instruction below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back