Invokana Weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev79

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks, I’ve been taking Invokana for the last 2 months now and experienced some rapid weight loss. I know this drug can help with weight loss but so far I’ve lost over 2 1/2 stone so far and everything I’ve read says it should only be about 6-9 pounds in six months.

I have reduced my carb intake but is this loss too much and too quickly? not really upped the excise much as had a ankle injury so just a little concerned, any advice would be most welcome.

I wouldn’t take Invokana if I were a T2 if you offered me ten million quid to do it, but that’s just my opinion. It just barely got by the FDA for prescriptions after a few scares about its potential side effects. As for weight loss 2 1/2 stone that can’t just be due to the drug, but it rather depends what your weight was before. Reducing your carb intake is what you should be doing as a T2. Do you test your BG levels?

More importantly what other medication are you using for diabetes? Invokana should only be used as tertiary medication, after other drugs have failed, or haven’t controlled things as well as they should - with a low carb diet.

Sounds like you should discuss things with your GP or practice pharmacist @Kev79

Let us know what you find out 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back