Intermittent Fasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I am confused and am sure someone can help.

As a rule we finish supper around 8pm and don't eat again until breakfast at around 6am. Does this mean by default I am intermittently fasting? My confusion is surely most people intermittently fast because when they are sleeping they are clearly not eating?

Intermittent fasting is usually longer periods of time, typically 16hrs not eating and 8hr window to eat in

Hi,

As a rule we finish supper around 8pm and don't eat again until breakfast at around 6am. Does this mean by default I am intermittently fasting? My confusion is surely most people intermittently fast because when they are sleeping they are clearly not eating?

By definition you certainly are.
I tend to do it from a late night to mid morning now :rofl:

Hi,

Practice nurse advised me that for it to be intermittent fasting, it needed to be 15 hours between. But we call the first meal of the day "breakfast" because that's when you break your overnight fast

Is intermittant fasting more than just skipping breakfast?

Is intermittant fasting more than just skipping breakfast?
Depends if you skip "lunch" as well ..

I look at as a reduced window for eating in my case to about 5 hours daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back