Intermittent Fasting - what is your experience?

What do you think of intermittent fasting?

• It worked for my diabetes, but it's hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It didn't work for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

k8V

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi There,

I have type 2 diabetes and have been pressured to lose weight for a long time. I am a body positive voluptuous lady and i do not feel the need to change how i look. I do however feel the need to be healthy. More recently I have read more about intermittent fasting and I feel this is the way to go as it seems to be more focused on resetting your body and helping your body restore itself, rather than just losing weight.

I really want to hear other people experiences, tips and tricks if you have them .

Thank you
Kate

Before I went low carb I did try the 5/2, ie 5 days of normal eating and 2 days of up to 600 cals per day. Not too bad and it worked after a fashion, but the only way I've been able to feel healthy again is to give up starchy carbs.

If you don't want to lose weight, simply include more protein and fats in your diet. For example I've got a slow cooking chicken curry on the go at the moment, but instead of rice I'm having sprouts and broccoli. If I'm still hungry after that I'll have a chunk of cheese which will be guaranteed to fill me up.

I combine it with my diet, I stop eating at 5pm and dont eat until 16 hours later at 9 and it makes a big difference, i feel sort of clean and energized in the morning, like im giving my digestive system a rest, in the beginning it was hard as I had got into the habit of eating if I felt like it, not just hunger, but boredom or just the habit of nibbling watching tv etc, but this has become my new habit and it makes me feel safe in the knowledge that even if I go over my allowance for the day there is only so much you can eat in an 8 hour window 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back