Interesting reporting of current diabetes treatment research

Status
Not open for further replies.

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just read two articles with different titles and different focuses about exactly the same research and they have both niggled me:
Sugared powered implant produces insulin as needed starts by describing the terrible treatment options we have today including "painful injections" and pump users having to jab when we "change the catheter every 2 or 3 days"
Teabag fuel cells show promise in insulin pumps describes "Western industrialised nations, consume more carbohydrates than they need in everyday life". But type 2 diabetes is not just a problem in Western nations and Type 1 has nothing to do with eating more carbs than we eat - we have a problem with any carbs.

That said the research is interesting. I wonder if artificial insulin will work fast enough when we have to pre-bolus 30 minutes or more in advance of eating.

I think @Amity Island posted the latter "tea bag" article last week which I thought was very interesting. I think both articles are probably written from a slant of trying to drum up interest and investment for further development, perhaps by over dramatizing the issues which this device would overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back