Interesting hospital apt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had an apt regarding the cyst on my pancreas and registrar asked me how I was controlling my MS and told me as a diabetic I should not be eating ice cream.
Never knew I had any chance of controlling MS as it does its own thing and any guesses since when people with diabetes shouldn't eat ice cream?
There was me living in hope that the medics have had even basic medical training before they reach the heady hights of registrar.

:confused:

I thought even we type 2 diabetics managing by diet were allowed ice cream occasionally.... maybe she thinks that the cold plus the sugar interferes with the effect of infected insulin? :rofl:

Last edited:
:confused:

I thought even we type 2 diabetics managing by diet were allowed ice cream occasionally.... maybe he thinks that the cold plus the sugar interferes with the effect of infected insulin? :rofl:
I dread to think what she was thinking lol. Lovely as she is very hard to understand or hear her as very softly spoken with a Chinese accent.

The registrar I once saw didn't have a clue but thankfully she knew it, so when I asked questions she didn't know the answer to, she headed off to see the consultant and then thankfully I got to see him instead. The one thing that she did which concerned me was that she recorded my Levemir doses as 14 during the day and 78u at night which should have been 7-8u.... so just a factor of 10 out 😱 . I always wondered if I ever got admitted to hospital unconscious whether someone would take that at face value and just inject me with it, in which case I probably wouldn't wake up again!! o_O
I didn't actually find out about it until I was talking to my practice nurse 6 months later and she read it off the clinic report. I was pretty shocked but the nurse wasn't able to change it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back