Insurance when in Remission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbear

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi - I had diabetes type 2. Now in Remission after losing weight. I need to book travel insurance - do I still need to declare myself as having diabetes.

Hi - I had diabetes type 2. Now in Remission after losing weight. I need to book travel insurance - do I still need to declare myself as having diabetes.
I would, you’re not cured it’s just well controlled

I think when you look at the form or website, the question is likely to be "Have you ever been diagnosed......." The answer to that question is obviously yes. It will usually then ask for further information, like whether you use insulin, hospitalisations etc.

I haven't found T2 to be any issue for travel insurance, including for long trips.

Whatever you do, err on the side of caution. The point of claim isn't the time to argue your case with an insurer.

I think when you look at the form or website, the question is likely to be "Have you ever been diagnosed......." The answer to that question is obviously yes. It will usually then ask for further information, like whether you use insulin, hospitalisations etc.

I haven't found T2 to be any issue for travel insurance, including for long trips.

Whatever you do, err on the side of caution. The point of claim isn't the time to argue your case with an insurer.
Thank you that makes sense - it's my 1st time doing insurance since diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back