Insurance to Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennySL

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I usually use Sainsburys insurance when travelling but it declined me as I have diabetes.
Does anyone have any recommendations of other company’s please.

You still need health insurance for travel abroad, to cover the cost of medical transport back to the UK should it be necessary. For most the many thousands that costs is unaffordable, so it is much better to spend the tens and not take the risk.
Yes but at least if you have this card your guaranteed treatment in an emergency especially if travelling with a child so do not have to wait for insurance to authorise anything, I at no time said it substituted insurance, I just said might be of use.

Yes but at least if you have this card your guaranteed treatment in an emergency especially if travelling with a child so do not have to wait for insurance to authorise anything, I at no time said it substituted insurance, I just said might be of use.
Indeed, some travel insurance companies stipulate that you must have a global health card to use where you can, and reduce the amount the insurance company would have to pay out.

I didn't say that you had said it substituted for insurance, though I was concerned that some people might read it that way. And you are right that even with insurance you should still get this as sometimes insurance companies will refuse to cover any portion that could have been paid through the GHIC/EHIC

Indeed, some travel insurance companies stipulate that you must have a global health card to use where you can, and reduce the amount the insurance company would have to pay out.
Also in Ireland I know you can present the card at a pharmacy for over the counter treatments for children.

I didn't say that you had said it substituted for insurance, though I was concerned that some people might read it that way. And you are right that even with insurance you should still get this as sometimes insurance companies will refuse to cover any portion that could have been paid through the GHIC/EHIC
Please think in future, I felt ganged up on by your message when all I was adding was additional information, sorry you felt it could be interpreted it any other way and if I was potentially unclear. The more tools we have to access help on travel the better especially in current times especially when travelling with children or other vulnerable parties be it ourselves or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back