Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Right my nurse has said that I need to experiment with my insulin.. I have been havin 18 units at breakfast.. 12 units at lunch (when I have Lunch)... 38 units at evening meal......

Today I have had 20 units at lunch because I didnt have breakfast and I was at the Dr's for nearly an hour... Then I had a cuppa tea n slice of cake so I had another 10 units to compensate the cake and having a few beers whilst watching the Footie..... Then at evening meal I had 40 units plus my 2000mgs of pills that I take before evening meal....

Can to much insulin make you Ill.. I only ask as I have got a upset tummy n feel sick again also I had some pulpatations for about 5-10 mins but thats settled down now... can anyone help me out with this...

Jules

There isn't too much insulin, it's whatever you need to control your blood glucose. Could you have been hypo when you had the palpitations? I Have expereinced that before when very low.

Are you going to learn how to carbohydrate count? That is the most effective way to adjust your insulin doses. Your clinic might run a course that you can go on to learn this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back