Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purls of Wisdom

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Another one of my questions, does insulin have any side effects? As for now, I am taking 42units a day collectively of Levemir and NovoRapid. Eating bare minimum and still having highs. Approaching 3 months since diagnosis and feel i am still struggling. Wonder if anyyone else feels the same and have endless stream of questions?
I need help and loads of it. Thanks. X

The obvious side effect is hypos, and they can be potentially dangerous. In addition, a few people are intolerant of certain insulins and this can cause aching, brain fog, etc.

Side effects will be due to barely eating & having high bg levels rather than insulin, some can have intolerance to certain insulins but not very common I'm led to believe.

My side effect is that if I take insulins other than porcine I do not get hypo warning symptoms. On one occasion they tried to switch me to humoid insulin in a hospital environment and I hit the 1s with no symptoms. Beef insulin was also a problem to me as I used to get lumps at injection sites.. However, I prefer roast beef to roast pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back