Insulin - Variation Between Batches

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anybody noticed variation between batches of insulin. Recently I have been having issues with DP often with a rise of 2 - 3 mmol/l. Anyway yesterday I decided to try a new vial of insulin (Porcine Isophane) and today no DP! 🙂

Anybody send similar?

Screenshot_20230530_081848_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

Thankfully, I find my insulin is pretty consistent.
My DP is mostly affected by exercise - if I exercised the previous day, I barely see any DP rise.
Alcohol can do the same thing but, for me, exercise is most common.

I wouldn't draw any conclusion from one individual incident so unless your insulin was exposed to too much warmth I think it is unlikely to be a variation in insulin and much more likely to be a variation in your body.

Like @helli. Exercise or increased activity the day before will reduce DP as will hotter weather. Alcohol to a lesser extent for me too, but is has much more of an effect on others.

Personally I think a rise of 2-3mmols is quite a minor DP. I get Foot on the Floor rather than DP ie. my levels don't rise until I swing my legs over the side and stand up and I need 1.5-2 units of Fiasp injected before I get out of bed to deal with it. 2 units equates to about 6mmols so more or less double the rise you are seeing (if I didn't treat it before it happened 🙄)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back