Insulin trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munjeeta

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm interested...

Has anyone ever agreed to do a trial for a new type of insulin? Or has anyone ever had the chance to but turned it down?!

I'd be interested to know of any experiences as I have just agreed to trial a new type of basal insulin 🙂

Oh very interesting, who manufacturs it?
Will it be one of those blind trials so you won't know if you are on the new type or an established insulin?

I'm interested...

Has anyone ever agreed to do a trial for a new type of insulin? Or has anyone ever had the chance to but turned it down?!

I'd be interested to know of any experiences as I have just agreed to trial a new type of basal insulin 🙂

I once did trials to see how a new type of insulin affected hypos. I did not take it instead of my regular insulin but they put me on a drip made me go hypo whilst rigged up to all sorts of monitors and made me to IQ tests at the same time. I repeated this on a few types of insulin.

Will you be taking this one in place of your current basal?

Most trials are blind, it makes it harder (but not impossible) for the drug companies to fudge the data for thier own advantage

Most trials are blind, it makes it harder (but not impossible) for the drug companies to fudge the data for thier own advantage
Oh very interesting, who manufacturs it?
Will it be one of those blind trials so you won't know if you are on the new type or an established insulin?

I'm not sure who it's manufactured by, I'm guessing by whoever it is who makes the Lantus brand as that's the 'control' insulin, but I will find out tomorrow when I go for my pre trial check up. Can't do it if HbA1c is above 10 (fingers crossed it won't be - last month it was 7.8 so hoping it's not gone up that drastically since!!) It's not blind, I will know which insulin I'm testing. There are 3 different types: Lantus and 2 different regimes of the new insulin, one of which only needs to be injected once every 3 or so days 😱 which, I guess is the reason I will be told which one I'm taking!

I once did trials to see how a new type of insulin affected hypos. I did not take it instead of my regular insulin but they put me on a drip made me go hypo whilst rigged up to all sorts of monitors and made me to IQ tests at the same time. I repeated this on a few types of insulin.

Will you be taking this one in place of your current basal?

Yes, I will be taking it instead. A little scary, but I did always say that if I ever had the opportunity to use my diabetes for the greater good (I'm counting this as potentially being in this category!) then I would...

Interesting! It's not Jacob's the Chemist from Penzance that are making it, is it?

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/2010/03/cornish-clotted-insulin.html

😉

Haha :D

I'm hoping there are no confidentially clauses I'm currently breaching... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back