Insulin travel wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rah78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone. Is there anywhere on the high street that I can buy a travel wallet please?

Hi everyone. Is there anywhere on the high street that I can buy a travel wallet please?
I doubt it. You can buy flasks and insulated (and cool) bags of various kinds, all of which will work fine in a pinch. I don't think you'll find Frio pouches anywhere (I think their website once mentioned a couple of specific shops but I don't see that now). You might find pharmacies selling things specifically for diabetes things including insulin, but I'm not aware of anything in particular.

I doubt it. You can buy flasks and insulated (and cool) bags of various kinds, all of which will work fine in a pinch. I don't think you'll find Frio pouches anywhere (I think their website once mentioned a couple of specific shops but I don't see that now). You might find pharmacies selling things specifically for diabetes things including insulin, but I'm not aware of anything in particular.
Thank you. Started insulin today and going away tomorrow (just for a night). I'll stock the pen in a flask and wait for my frio to come

Thank you. Started insulin today and going away tomorrow (just for a night). I'll stock the pen in a flask and wait for my frio to come
If you are going away for one night in the UK, you do not need a travel wallet or flask. Insulin can be kept at room temperature for 30 days.
I was going to say that the case your insulin pen comes in is fine for travel. However, it seems to be common to prescribe single use pens which just come in boxes of 5. If this is the case, you can carry your pen in a pencil case. And I recommend requesting reusable pens when you next speak to your DSN. They are more robust, the cartridges take up less space in your fridge (and luggage when travelling), you can dose half units with them, some have a reminder on the end for how much insulin you have taken and they produces less waste so better for the environment. They also come in nice cases.

But back to needing a travel wallet, you don’t.

Last edited:
If you are going away for one night in the UK, you do not need a travel wallet or flask. Insulin can be kept at room temperature for 30 days.
I was going to say that the case your insulin pen comes in is fine for travel. However, it seems to be common to prescribe single use pens which just come in boxes of 5. If this is the case, you can carry your pen in a pencil case. And I recommend requesting reusable pens when you next speak to your DSN. They are more robust, the cartridges take up less space in your fridge (and luggage when travelling), you can dose half units with them, some have a reminder on the end for how much insulin you have taken and they produces less waste so better for the environment. They also come in nice cases.

But back to needing a travel wallet, you don’t.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back