Insulin spare pen condition on holiday return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finwiz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Recently took an extra pen (on Abasaglar once a day) to Lanzaroti. I took it in Frio cool bag with my current pen. The spare was kept in the Hotel room fridge until I retuned and was in Frio bag.

On return, I have put the spare pen in my fridge. Is this pen good to use for 28 days once I bring it to room temperature and use it?

Never travelled with a pen before so not sure what effect on the pen is after fridge/Frio/Fridge/Frio/Fridge cycle

Yes, it should be @Finwiz In that situation, I always use the ‘travelled’ pen next rather than one that hasn’t left the fridge.

Can you get re-useable pens? They’re much better and less to carry.

Yes, it should be @Finwiz In that situation, I always use the ‘travelled’ pen next rather than one that hasn’t left the fridge.

Can you get re-useable pens? They’re much better and less to carry.
Mine is a disposable single use (28 days life after taking out of fridge, I think)

I tend to think of it as a total of 28 days out of the fridge including time kept in a Frio.
So, if I had my insulin out of a fridge for a day each way whilst travelling to the hotel and back, I would consider another 26 days of “out of the fridge use”.

Mine is a disposable single use (28 days life after taking out of fridge, I think)

Yes, the cartridges are the same. I just mentioned reuseable pens as a better option in future due to being better quality, more environmentally friendly, and taking up less space 🙂

The advice I gave in my post was for your disposable pen 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back