Insulin sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tealover96

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have ben diabetic 15 years - Type 1!

On tslim pump for 2 years - having alot of bother with sites since November 2022.
Have tried, autosoft 30,90 and tru steel. I have to use this pump until 2025 and cant change.

No support from team, so hard to get them to reply emails. 4 one week and still no reply. Havent seen consultant in years...

does anyone else have issues with sites not working

I use Medtronic cannulas so different but I would try moving the sites about to see if the models available hold up better.

I assume the cannulas you have mentioned are failing in some way. How are they failing exactly?

I use Medtronic cannulas so different but I would try moving the sites about to see if the models available hold up better.

I assume the cannulas you have mentioned are failing in some way. How are they failing exactly?
Alot of them are bending when I put them in, then some of them I am just going really high. So I have to maybe change 4 times before I get one that works and doesn't really hurt. I was on medtronic for 10 years and found it hard to get the right set but was it mio advance I think worked for me. The tslim do not have a big range of sets which is hard.

Alot of them are bending when I put them in, then some of them I am just going really high. So I have to maybe change 4 times before I get one that works and doesn't really hurt. I was on medtronic for 10 years and found it hard to get the right set but was it mio advance I think worked for me. The tslim do not have a big range of sets which is hard.
The Mio Advanced is what I use now after moving from the Quick Set, however I have never had issues with the cannulas, just remembering to change them after 3 days..:rofl:...

What sites on the body have you been using? Do you think one particular site may work better than others?

The Mio Advanced is what I use now after moving from the Quick Set, however I have never had issues with the cannulas, just remembering to change them after 3 days..:rofl:...

What sites on the body have you been using? Do you think one particular site may work better than others?
That is lucky you forget to change them. Mine do be that sore It is hard to stick 2 days. :(

I use my arms alot, so maybe my sites just need a break.. use my lower back hip area alot.
Going to try my stomach, just find it stings..

Hoping if i could see my consultant I could get back on to medtronic

Give Air Liquide a call and talk through all the issues you’re having and they may be able to give ideas of things you can try. My teen uses a tslim and puts the cannulas in his belly and thighs. He has the odd one bend or bleed but they usually work ok.

Which insulin are you using? I know some people find Fiasp causes problems with sites, it can sting and some need to change sets more frequently with it.

That is lucky you forget to change them. Mine do be that sore It is hard to stick 2 days. :(

I use my arms alot, so maybe my sites just need a break.. use my lower back hip area alot.
Going to try my stomach, just find it stings..

Hoping if i could see my consultant I could get back on to medtronic

Arms can be very poor sites. Try your thigh. You could also try manual insertion. I never insert any cannulas with an inserter.

It sounds like you have been a bit unlucky. We have the T-slim and use the auto soft 90, daughter did try the tru steel and liked them at first but then decided to stick with the soft ones. She hasn’t tried the angled ones as they look frightful! I think one of the downsides of T-slim is the not very large range of cannulas, I don’t think they do any that you can insert manually. Which is a shame because the pump itself is brilliant. We occasionally get one that bends and doesn’t work properly, and we had a lot of trouble in the beginning getting them to stick properly (went from Roche cannulas which need a chisel to get them off, or at least copious amounts of adhesive removal spray, to Tandem which fall off quite happily on their own only hours after you’ve put them on!). She also started to get issues with them itching so has to rotate her sites quite frequently, abdomen, arms and legs. They usually work OK though, it’s the stickiness and itching which causes a problem.

Calling Air Liquide might be an idea, maybe they can offer a suggestion.

My daughter did once put a cannula in her left breast 😱😱 which I’m pretty sure is not an authorised site! I wouldn’t recommend it, and don’t think she’s put it there since, but I have to say that she had perfect blood sugars for those three days, so it obviously worked!

Give Air Liquide a call and talk through all the issues you’re having and they may be able to give ideas of things you can try. My teen uses a tslim and puts the cannulas in his belly and thighs. He has the odd one bend or bleed but they usually work ok.
will give thighs a go - thanks 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back