Insulin secretion in patients with LADA:half way between type 1 and type 2 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The study of endogenous insulin secretion may provide relevant insight into the comparison of the natural history of adult onset latent autoimmune diabetes (LADA) with types 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus. The aim of this study was to compare the results of the C-peptide response to mixed-meal stimulation in LADA patients with different disease durations and subjects with type 2 and adult-onset type 1 diabetes.

Methods: Stimulated C-peptide secretion was assessed using the mixed-meal tolerance test in patients with LADA (n = 32), type 1 diabetes mellitus (n = 33) and type 2 diabetes mellitus (n = 30).

All patients were 30 to 70 years old at disease onset. The duration of diabetes in all groups ranged from 6 months to 10 years.

http://7thspace.com/headlines/50228...type_1_and_type_2_diabetes_action_lada_9.html

That would be me, then! 🙂

It sounds like it to me Northy. I think a lot of people are different with this ---- Diabetes ? The not knowing is the big pain 😉 Hope they come up with some info 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back