Insulin running out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalwar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I ordered insulin twice from my GP and been turned down and I my last pen.Which last for 3.5 days.Where else can I get some more?

You need to phone your GP

I done that already I normally get them on the nhs app but they turned me down twice.Should I ration it i on 84 units a day and there only 300 units in one pen.

Sorry to hear you are having this experience @Totalwar

Has there been any explanation as to why your prescription requests have not been provided? Is it the frequency of requests?

Are your GP surgery suggesting you stop insulin treatment? Have they given you any suggestions for how to come off the medication?

Last edited:
I ordered insulin twice from my GP and been turned down and I my last pen.Which last for 3.5 days.Where else can I get some more?
Demand to talk to the surgery Practice Manager. Talk to your surgery's PPG (Patient Participation Group).

Demand to talk to the surgery Practice Manager. Talk to your surgery's PPG (Patient Participation Group).
I’d probably just start with ringing now for an emergency appointment or emergency prescription. Use the words emergency and insulin. It sounds like the OP has only requested online not actually spoken to anyone

They only deal with patience by phone and spoken to receptionist and now getting insulin filled on Thursda.Which is to late down to my last pen.

They only deal with patience by phone and spoken to receptionist and now getting insulin filled on Thursda.Which is to late down to my last pen.
Pharmacist can do an emergency refill for you. Go to your normal chemist and explain what has happened. Also write an official complaint to the practice manager.

Yes some relief but might have the same issues next time and yes it is a bit scary as I know how I’ll I get when I don’t have any insulin.My sugar levels go well over 30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back