Insulin Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If i test my blood sugars and i am 5.5, do i need to inject any insulin?
I am still not carb counting, but think i should be by now need to speak to my dsn about this, will do when i get back off my hols, going on tuesday carnt wait :D

If i test my blood sugars and i am 5.5, do i need to inject any insulin?
I am still not carb counting, but think i should be by now need to speak to my dsn about this, will do when i get back off my hols, going on tuesday carnt wait :D

in short, yes. If you eat, you need insulin or your body can't handle the glucose that comes from the food.

unless its got no carbs in of course, but even then, some people still need to inject

If you are eating carbohydrate scotty, yes you will need insulin for it as it will make your blood sugars rise. But the insulin you inject depends on how much you will be eating. i think you should speak to your dsn about carb counting as you will find this alot easier when you know your carb:insulin ratio

D_G

x

have a great holiday ...going somewhere HOT ???

Thanks peops, dg just been reading your other thread in food section which explains a little more, Going to benirdorm in spain (hot blackpool) lol

Thanks peops, dg just been reading your other thread in food section which explains a little more, Going to benirdorm in spain (hot blackpool) lol

Have a fab holiday Scotty, was this the holiday you were on about when you asked about insurance?

Glad it helped, i did ask alot of questions about carbs lol

have a nice time away!

D_G

x

Enjoy the hol Scotty, bare in mind if it's hot you may not need so much insulin, keep an eye on your numbers pal, and keep your insulin cool, and if you're drinking more than usual also keep an eye on things, have quick acting carbs to hand and if you're going out there with anyone make sure they know what to do if you start to ffel low.

Above all else have a cracker!

Rossi 🙂

who is very jealous of a holiday in the sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back