Insulin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I injected last night and after I had taken the needle out it looked like the insulin had come back out. (This is my 7th week of injecting now).

Am I doing something wrong or does some come back out? I've noticed this a couple of time. My bs was 7.4 this morning. They have been high recently with having a cold but last couple of day they have been 6 to 6.5 (normal when I've been without a cold have been around 5 to 5.5). I even injected more last night again to help with the cold.

Confused !!

Hi.
When I inject I always count to 10 before withdrawing the needle, was told to do this by the nurse who said it gives time for the whole dose to release from the pen, I sometimes get a very small bubble of insulin at the injection site, but nothing worth being concerned about. Hope your problem resolves itself.
John.

Hi Guys Thanks for reply.

I now count to 15 sine I noticed it coming out to make double sure 🙂

I always leave the needle in for about 15 secs to make sure the whole lot goes in.

After my "spillage" the other night I'm definately counting to the ten or so that nursey told me too! Much better now. Hope you see slight improvements and return to the five's soon. 🙂

yeah happens sometimes, I often pull it out too quick, usually it's ok but sometimes I do get some leak back out.

I was told 10 seconds, rather than count to ten - unless done slowly. The tip was to count saying "one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three etc" if you don't have a second hand on your watch/clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back