Insulin Pump Support in Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catriona

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone,

I will be soon moving from Scotland to Wales and was hoping someone might help me with a few questions regarding insulin pump support in Wales. Currently the NHS Scotland covers all my diabetes costs and I am unsure whether they do this in Wales? Also what about prescriptions? Are they covered as well?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Welch Wales ? Sorry I don't know but it should be very similar. Good luck 🙂

Hi Everyone,

I will be soon moving from Scotland to Wales and was hoping someone might help me with a few questions regarding insulin pump support in Wales. Currently the NHS Scotland covers all my diabetes costs and I am unsure whether they do this in Wales? Also what about prescriptions? Are they covered as well?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
I'd suggest having a look at the INPUT website: http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/ - if you can't find the information you need, send them a message and I'm sure they will be able to direct you to some good information 🙂 I'm pretty sure they will cover everything - there are no prescription charges in Wales, unlike England 🙂

Our prescriptions have always been free throughout, but Wales actually has free scrips for everyone all the time regardless of medical or other exemptions anyway - so better than England. Pump support I can't help you with I'm afraid, but as Alan says, INPUT would be my first port of call for that.

Where are you going, north, south, mid Wales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back