Insulin pump..omnipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemgem

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello there team, I'm type1.
I am struggling with my working environment. I work in a care home (senior carer). I have been doing everything possible to hide or make my omnipod available to see with patches and now the new cover. It is being ripped out my arm. I'm wasting Insulin not to mention the initial needle pull. This happened 3 times last month. My nursing/doctor are getting annoyed by this.
Yesterday I kept my omnipod off, I now have know where to inject. I need somewhere quiet and clean, all anybody does is laugh at me. Any suggestions. Please.

is it possible to wear it on thigh or bum or stomach, under your clothes where it won’t be seen or easily accessed? (I don’t use omnipod but inject in these places so guessing it’s allowed to wear there?)

If the pods on your arm can you not use some tubi grip so it can not be pulled off? Or even your tummy?

Hello there team, I'm type1.
I am struggling with my working environment. I work in a care home (senior carer). I have been doing everything possible to hide or make my omnipod available to see with patches and now the new cover. It is being ripped out my arm. I'm wasting Insulin not to mention the initial needle pull. This happened 3 times last month. My nursing/doctor are getting annoyed by this.
Yesterday I kept my omnipod off, I now have know where to inject. I need somewhere quiet and clean, all anybody does is laugh at me. Any suggestions. Please.

Omnipod user here & very rarely use arms, prefer to use stomach sides or chest area, sometimes use thighs but find it uncomfortable on my bum so don't place them there.

My bum is my favourite place or my tummy, can’t see it always depends what I am wearing. Currently got mine on my arm.

I play full contact rugby and have only had my pump on for a few sessions due to our rest season but it has survived a few contact games on my bum and belly.

I can’t use my thighs due to scar tissue and delayed absorption / sore sites but it would be worth a try for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back