Insulin on Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdean

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi

How do you know how long your IOB duration should be? I've always had mine on 3 hours but I'm thinking maybe to change it to 4 hours, as I still feel like there is more insulin after the 3 hours (hope that makes sense)

Thanks

Hi

How do you know how long your IOB duration should be? I've always had mine on 3 hours but I'm thinking maybe to change it to 4 hours, as I still feel like there is more insulin after the 3 hours (hope that makes sense)

Thanks

Most analogues are between 4 and 5 hours. So perhaps set it at 4 and see how you go 🙂
this might help http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Documents/Magazines/Insulinwallchart.pdf just remember we are all different so you will have to do some tweaking.

Last edited:
Hi I set mine at four hours and it works brilliantly. But as Sue said we are all different. Good luck with getting it right🙂

My DSN originally set mine at 6 hours but I soon found out that this was too long. Now reduced to 4 hrs but I'm not totally convinced it last that long for me.

I have mine set to 4 also, previously I had worked it out to be around 4.5 hours through testing and recording.......

The majority of the time my correction will cancel out the IOB which just means the carb count was pretty close.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back