1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

insulin not advaible

Discussion in 'General Messageboard' started by gail1, Aug 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM.

1. gail1

gail1 Well-Known Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 2
    i went with staff to pick up my insulin to be told they had none in stock as it was limited supply they gave me the script and said I was welcome to try else where so away we came got home and staff started ringing round chemists first two didt have any 3rd had 2 boxes told them script was for 4 pens but they said they woodt split a box so we rang docs to see if they wood change it to 5 pens only to be told the scipt line was closed till 10am tomorrow morn so now I have to wait till tomorrow to see if I can get it I only have enough insulin for tomorrow

2. KARNAK

KARNAK Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Hi Gail if you are able go to A&E, I can`t believe the pharmacist cannot supply your lnsulin. Phone 111 and tell them your predicament, if one of the Pharmacist is willing to split a box take it, some is better than none. How are you doing otherwise? we haven`t heard from you for a while, take care my friend.

Bronco Billy likes this.
  3. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    Really sorry to hear this @gail1, must be very worrying for you.

Hope you can find an emergency supply tomorrow

Ralph-YK likes this.
  4. Grannylorraine

Grannylorraine Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Hope you get some today.

5. C&E Guy

C&E Guy Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Sounds pretty poor.

Always good to order supplies when you still have plenty left (maybe 2 week's worth). And I know it may not be possible but, if you use the same pharmacist all the time, they may get into the habit of keeping a store of your type so that there will always be some available ay short notice.

6. DaveB

DaveB Well-Known Member

Type 1.5 LADA
    Hi. I currently have no problems with the supply for NovoNordisk insulins in refill cartridge form.

7. gail1

gail1 Well-Known Member

Type 2
    GP changed scrip to 5 pens so was able to get them from new chemist panic over I was really worried and in tears

everydayupsanddowns, grovesy and Ljc like this.
  8. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    Phew

9. everydayupsanddowns

everydayupsanddowns Moderator

Type 1
    That’s great news Gail!

Hope you can have a few more relaxed weeks now you’ve got your supplies back in.