Insulin mixup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJardine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had to change my Lantus cartridge this morning. I thought it was a bit odd that I had to use quite a few units to bleed the air out before I took it as it usually only takes a little.

Anyway, moved on to the Humalog and took the last of that (38 units) then had to change that. I then realised I was about to reload it with Lantus. Seems I had put the wrong cartridges in the cases.

This means that instead of taking Lantus and Humalog I had in fact taken two doses of Humalog. Doh!

Fortunately, my blood sugar was fairly high this morning and I've been eating most of the morning, but I'm going to have to keep a close eye on my bloods today (and probably tomorrow). Had to tell the people in the office near me to keep an eye out and tell HR just in case.

We all get days when we mix things up. At least you realised what you had done and are keeping an eye on things.

The other night I thought I'd taken my pill after dinner, but everyone else was certain I hadn't so I had to keep an eye on things as gliclizade is known for causing hypos...

I did that once! Well, I took my Novorapid instead of my Insulatard, which led to much the same effects. Didn't feel great the next day, but you live and learn...

I hope it a evens out and you feel ok. Be reassured that you're not the only one thought, I think we've all done daft things 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back