insulin lumps-injection sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryberry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hiya
I was at the clinic yesterday and the doctor was checking my sights,I have had like a dent in my thigh (leg) for past 6weeks,it is even noticible through my trousers so it is pretty big.The doctor said it does feel like hard tissue and told me not to inject on that leg and to go back in 2months.Has anyone else had a problem similar to this and could it be due to injecting? Will it go away? I only inject my night time unsulin in my leg as I inject in my stomach 3 times.
Thanks
Gerry🙂

Gerry! Where have you been? Nice to see you back 🙂 I haven't had this problem myself, but I know there are people here who have. I'm afraid you'll have to inject elsewhere - I'm not sure if the lumps go eventually. Where there are lumps the insulin won't be absorbed properly. Can you use the other leg or your hips?

I have those lumps on my stomach, it is my own fault as sometimes I resuse the same needle and also forget where I have injected and inject in the same place as I did earlier. The ones I had earlier have gone but have a new one now.

Gerry! Where have you been? Nice to see you back 🙂 I haven't had this problem myself, but I know there are people here who have. I'm afraid you'll have to inject elsewhere - I'm not sure if the lumps go eventually. Where there are lumps the insulin won't be absorbed properly. Can you use the other leg or your hips?

Thanks, I didn't have access to the internet for some time there so I will be keeping close to the board again! I am using the other leg for now and will be brave and try the hips,I haven't ventured there yet🙂

I have those lumps on my stomach, it is my own fault as sometimes I resuse the same needle and also forget where I have injected and inject in the same place as I did earlier. The ones I had earlier have gone but have a new one now.

Thanks, glad to know any lumps you have had have gone. I do change my needle all the time but I could be guilty of using the same spot for comfort!

One of the symptoms of "lyperhypertrophy"(the lumps you refer to) are erratic Blood Sugars. The insulin can get stuck leading to levels rising and then suddenly you get a splurge and your levels drop like a stone.

Be careful for a few days as you might find the pattern in your BMs changes.

One of the symptoms of "lyperhypertrophy"(the lumps you refer to) are erratic Blood Sugars. The insulin can get stuck leading to levels rising and then suddenly you get a splurge and your levels drop like a stone.

Be careful for a few days as you might find the pattern in your BMs changes.

Yeah the doctor did mention that could happen and my blood sugars tend to be quite eratic at times,wonder if that is why, thanks

I agree, the lumps do go eventually, but in my case we are talking well over a year :(- so don't expect too much change in a couple of months - - -though you might be luckier. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back