insulin lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
got a 12.2 when i woke up, so gave myself 3u novorapid. BUT - it's turned into a huge bruise and i can feel a lump under the skin, which i assume is the novorapid sitting there. when i first did it i rubbed/massaged the area a lot to try to break it up, but it's just sitting there. it's quite painful to touch.

i'm now at 9.8, so obviously some of the novorapid has gone in (i injected an hour ago). any idea what exactly has happened or how i can stop it happening again? i injected as per usual, nothing different.

I have had that happen a couple of times. I have found massaging it works. It seems as though it is working though if you are now lower and it is only an hour later - I would not have any more.

I am not sure how to stop it happening - sorry

I have had that a few times, it really hurts aswell, I can tell it's going to happen as soon as I have done the injection. Like Rachel I'm not sure how to stop it happening.
I don't actually remember how my levels were after it happening, but I wouldn't suggest giving any more insulin. hope the lump disappers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back