Insulin issues???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline1967

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I have been using Humulin I for about a month now and getting on really well, until this morning.
This. Opening I woke at 6am as usual and was 12.3 which is a little higher than normal for the morning but not too bad. I injected 6 units as usual and here I am 3 hours later measuring 20.4……
As I am typing this I can see the issue! I should have used 12 units. Should I just use another 6 now? Arghh I am sure I only did 6 but if I did do 12 would I have huge issues if I used another 6 now??
Have I got so old now I have to write down everything I do!!!
Thanks

Morning and evening.
12units am and 6 units on.
I am pretty sure I only used 6 this morning but not 100% sure!!!!!

Are you still on Gliclazide? I’d be wary about adding more insulin just in case you did inject 12 units this morning. You might have to use other methods to keep your blood sugar down, eg walking, adjusting your diet slightly, etc.

Also, you mentioned your blood sugar was a little higher than usual this morning. It’s possibly your insulin has degraded slightly and become less effective. So, I’d swap to a new cartridge/pen before you do your evening dose.

I am still on the gliclazide but I haven’t taken it yet this morning as I am not at work today and am having a lazy lie in!
I will swap to a new pen this evening and hope things return to normal tomorrow!
Thanks

Hope things have settled a little for you through the day @Caroline1967 🙂

Hi
Things have settled down this evening, thanks. I have also made myself a little chart to tick off how much I give myself!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back