Insulin Injection Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpaul79

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi There,

When I met with the diabetes team a couple of weeks ago she wanted to check where I am injecting my lantus every morning and night. She suggested to change it to the outside of the top of the legs instead of the inside. After doing this once, I am now getting quite bad muscle spasms in that leg near the injection site several times an hour. And have been every day since doing it - has anyone else experienced this please? Thanks

Welcome @jonpaul79 🙂 I was always told to avoid the inside of the leg due to the blood vessels there, which might be one reason she’s suggested changing. I’ve never had spasms like you describe, but I wonder whether you’re inadvertently catching a muscle? I pinch up to inject (pinch up the flesh/fat then inject).

Welcome @jonpaul79 🙂 I was always told to avoid the inside of the leg due to the blood vessels there, which might be one reason she’s suggested changing. I’ve never had spasms like you describe, but I wonder whether you’re inadvertently catching a muscle? I pinch up to inject (pinch up the flesh/fat then inject).
thanks! yeah you're absolutely right. I know I should be pinching it etc but i haven't been . I bet that's what I've done. Hopefully it will calm down soon 🙂

thanks! yeah you're absolutely right. I know I should be pinching it etc but i haven't been . I bet that's what I've done. Hopefully it will calm down soon 🙂

Pinch up a kind of fat bit of flesh by between your thumb and first three fingers and hold it there while you inject. I think you’ll find it helps a lot 🙂

Hi There,

When I met with the diabetes team a couple of weeks ago she wanted to check where I am injecting my lantus every morning and night. She suggested to change it to the outside of the top of the legs instead of the inside. After doing this once, I am now getting quite bad muscle spasms in that leg near the injection site several times an hour. And have been every day since doing it - has anyone else experienced this please? Thanks
Hello @jonpaul79 ,

Let us know how you get on and if the muscle spasms have calmed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back