Insulin bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma19834

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone I've just taken my insulin and it has left a raised bump is this something to worry about I've not been taking it long tia Emma

Hi everyone I've just taken my insulin and it has left a raised bump is this something to worry about I've not been taking it long tia Emma
Sometimes this happens to me if I don’t get the needle in very far, and the insulin pools just under the skin. It doesn’t seem to affect the absorption.

Sometimes this happens to me if I don’t get the needle in very far, and the insulin pools just under the skin. It doesn’t seem to affect the absorption.
Thank you, I was just panicking if I'd done it wrong . I know I have a bruise already :(

If it is bruising then you hit a tiny capillary blood vessel with the needle and the blood has leaked and blebbed under the surface and that is what causes the little lump. It will dissipate. It isn't caused by anything you did wrong, it's just (un)luck of the draw. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the absorption of the insulin from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back