Insulin absorbing graohs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merryterry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone tell me where I can find insulin/time absorbing graphs for Levermir annd Novarapid?

I think @Pattidevan may have a link to the rather intricate/complex Levemir graph. Don't let the look of it put you off, it is really helpful once you figure out how to use it.

The link below has a very basic graph for most of the commonly used insulins, but it is quite a basic representation and the Levemir graph I was talking about is much more useful in my opinion.

I just use Google for "NovoRapid profile" and "Levemir profile"
I suspect both are available on the NovoNordisk pages

Here’s one for Levemir - it is dose dependent in effect and duration. I’m afraid this is the best one I’ve found :

4E7EA82A-46D2-4268-B2D8-F0A24C8559F4.jpeg

Here’s one for Levemir - it is dose dependent in effect and duration. I’m afraid this is the best one I’ve found :

View attachment 24593
That is the one I was referring to. I would love to know how it was compiled. Works really well for me though.

That is the one I was referring to. I would love to know how it was compiled. Works really well for me though.
Well all the insulin profile graphs including that one were found and posted by 'the other' original administrator of the DSF site - one Terry G. In those days searching on Google Scholar frequently gave anyone access to the original Research findings of companies including pharmaceutical ones presented to support them gain FDA or MHRA approval, so I've always assumed that's where he got it from - cos he was very careful who he trusted to provide such info to the site.

Wherever he got it from anyway - it was always pretty damn perfect as far as I was concerned - and on showing it to other users of that forum, they all agreed even though they may well not have really believed it at the start! The BIG thing with Levemir from start to finish is that for normal ordinary adults with Type 1 - it is pretty well a pre requisite to need 2 jabs of it per day. These do not need to be equal, nor 12 hours apart either.

Incidentally - I always have to either bung my husbands +1.25 glassed on top of mine, or increase the screen resolution on my laptop to about 300% in order to successfully follow the lines on the graph properly because peoples 'rate per kilogram' very rarely exactly follow one of those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back